Respondus is a tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Canvas.
Download Respondus 4.0 from OIT Software Distribution here.
Currently Respondus 4.0 is only available on Microsoft Windows.
- Create exams and assessments offline
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic format
- Import questions from MS Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI, and tab/comma delimited formats
- Access to thousands of Respondus-compatible publisher test banks – Free to instructors who adopt a participating textbook
- Use the Exam Wizard to create an assessment in minutes
- "Spell check" an entire exam file
- Add tables, bulleted lists, font changes, and enhanced formatting
- Insert mathematical and scientific symbols using the Respondus Equation Editor or MathType
- Use the Media Wizard to add images, audio and video to assessments and create links to content on other servers (e.g. YouTube, Picasa)
- Create random sets of questions in seconds with a one-step wizard
Preview, Publish and Printing Features
- Preview questions before publishing them to Canvas
- Publish exams and assessments directly to an online course (media files are automatically uploaded)
- A “batch publish” feature allows assessments and surveys to be published to multiple courses in a single step
- Determine point values and exam settings offline
- Print exams/surveys directly from Respondus, or save files to MS Word or rich-text format
Retrieval and Reporting Features
- Retrieve exams from the leading learning platforms, complete with media files*
- Retrieve custom reports, such as student scores, summary statistics, and answer distributions*
- Download answer databases for quizzes or surveys and save them in an Excel-compatible format*
- Archive and restore exam/survey projects (including media content) with one click — ideal for providing a colleague with a ready-to-use exam
Knowledge Base - answers to frequently asked questions
Respondus staff members generally respond to tickets within 24 hours, excluding weekends and U.S. holidays.