Respondus LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Canvas. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading.
When enabled for a quiz, the student receives a prompt to download the Respondus LockDown Browser application and install it before they can access the quiz. When the student then begins taking the quiz, the student is locked into the quiz until it is submitted for grading.
Adding Respondus LockDown Browser to Course Navigation
1. Go to Course Navigation and click Settings.
2. Click the Navigation tab.
3. In the listing at the bottom of the screen, find Respondus LockDown Browser and click the Edit Course Navigation (gear) icon.
4. Select Enable. Respondus LockDown Browser moves to the upper listing.
5. Drag LockDown Browser to where you want it to appear in the Course Navigation.
Selecting the quizzes to use Respondus LockDown Browser
1. Go to Course Navigation and click Respondus LockDown Browser.
2. Find the quiz in the listing and click the icon to the left of the quiz name.
3. Select Modify Settings.
4. Select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam.
5. Click Save and close. The LockDown Browser column will now show Required for the quiz.